Thursday, August 27, 2009

Free nagios plugins! Act now!

Okay that's a silly title but that's what I'm doing.

I need to keep my skills up. I'm taking "commissions" for any Nagios plugins people might want written. I'll try and keep the dependencies to a minimum. Language will be anything from Perl to Ruby or possible a Bash script.

What I need from you:
- What service you want monitored.
- What information from the service you want monitored.
- If it's a commercial application, I'll need a trial version that works on a platform I have access to.

So if you want a plugin for monitoring MyCommericalERP package that only runs on AIX, I'm probably not going to be able to do it. I have an old RS6000 here and that's about it. I would gladly let you give me a Power system though if you wanted ;)

However if you use MyOpensourceERP that runs on Linux then there's a good chance I can come up with something.

No comments: